Due to personal health reasons, the 2019 GRowingBODIES education program has been suspended until further notice.
We look forward to continuing our mission to reduce the first incidence of low back pain in adolescent rowers and all injuries in the rowing community through injury prevention education on-line on the blog and social media.
GRowingBODIES offers two education programs for the rowing community and expressions of interest can be made through our contact page
Educational days for Sports Physicians, Doctors, Physiotherapists and other manual therapy practitioners.
Our Professional Development days for Coaches from club and school rowing programs will be focussed on rowing specific injury patterns and the prevention of injury in the developing rower.
GRowingBODIES looks forward to traveling to Italy and the UK to present both Coach and Practitioner workshops. Details to be released soon! Express an interest through our contact page to ensure you are kept up to date!
GRowingBODIES is also available in Australia and overseas to provide customised education to clubs, schools, sports medicine clinics and others wishing to reduce the impact of injury and illness in the rowing community:
Educational modules include:
- common rowing injuries
- load management & monitoring
- return to rowing protocols
- musculoskeletal and movement screening to identify injury risk
- the role of resistance training in adolescent athletes
- warm up, stretching & trunk control programs for rowing injury minimisation
- treatment techniques master classes
- self management tools for athletes
- take home resources to implement best practice in your clinic, school or club